Newbie speader???

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by 71ragtopgoat, Jun 19, 2008.

1. 71ragtopgoat

71ragtopgoat LawnSite Member

Hello
    I'm new here.I have a very small rout of 6 clients.I'm just starting out as a second line of income.I am using lesco products but while my spreader is in for repair I'm using a Scott's lawn pro spreader as a backup and can't find a conversion chart on lesco for this spreader type.I've checked both lesco's and Scott's site with no luck. I'm spreading Lesco 24-0-11 fert.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Eddie

2. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Use your Lesco key #15 like it says on the lable. You should have gotten one when you got the spreader. Or get one from Lesco.

3. 71ragtopgoat

71ragtopgoat LawnSite Member

Bought it used off the bay.It's in for a tune up. I don't know anything about key#15.
    I will re read the label tomorrow. Or maybe you can help by telling me what key#15 converts to a Scott's lawn pro spreader setting.
    Thanks for the reply.

4. Joshuakwhit

Joshuakwhit LawnSite Member

Just start off with a low setting on the spreader not anything crazy. When you get done mutiply 3 to how many square feet see how many pounds you were to use or not use and adjust the spreader accordingly.

5. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member