1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

newbie wants advise-help!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by integrityman, Mar 21, 2007.

1. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm hoping some of you vets out there can give me some solid pointers. I am looking for a walk behind that will fit the following needs the best: MULCHING and fitting thru fence gates. Obviously this would put me in the 32"-36" category and, obviously, I want to be as efficient as possible. I have a local Exmark, Toro, Snapper and Gravely dealers. I am also intrigued by the Quick 36 Sami.

any thoughts????
  2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

well everyone will tell you that Exmark,Toro,Gravely and the Quick36 are all great mowers. everyone of them has its good points and its bads. i think in your case it would come down to how the dealer was and price. if you do a quick search you will find a ton of info on all of those mowers.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

You can PM me anytime for Quick 36 info.....They are a great Co. and you will not be dissapointed.
  4. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

thanx buckeye- how well does the 36 mulch- especially in the thick spring rapid growing grass? do you have experience w/ any the other w/b mowers?
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We have several snapper hydro units and they mulch just fine with outlet closed. It is a solid built machine and dual hydro.