1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Newbie wants to say thanks to all.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Full throttle lawn care, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Full throttle lawn care

Full throttle lawn care LawnSite Member

I found this site 2 month or so ago when I decided to start a lawn care service and can't thank this site enough and the folks that make it the best resource for info. Like a lot of people I was tired of my old job and needed a change. Being I live in Florida were grass grows year round and the start up cost is fairly low I jumped in head first and bought a new road force enclosed 16x7ft trailer,then headed to the local John Deere dealer and bought the 757 60in cut and echo PE-260 edger,SRM-230 line trimmer,PB-430 back pack blower,HC-160 24in hedge trimmer. After finding out hand sharpening was out of the question with these thick blades I bought the magna-matic 9000 with blade balancer and love it. After that I had my logo and name put on the trailer. My logo is of my mower popping a wheelie with an alligator driving with grass clippings shooting out the back. Then I got my lic and 2mil insurance,probably over kill being I specialize in residential acreage. And now added a credit card service and my ads will be starting this week. So I'm on my way thanks to you guys and this site. I can't say enough on how much I have learned from this site and the great info people share!
    Thanks Scott Hall proud owner of FULL THROTTLE LAWN CARE!
  2. turf dog

turf dog LawnSite Member

I would be carefull with the gator logo. You might lose the seminole and huricance bus. :D I am justing starting off to jumping in head first. buying a 16' trailer, back pack, stick edger, trimmer, hedge clippers, and a walker zero turn mower. Good luck
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not suure if all the "high performance" and "racing" connotation is the way to go. The first think I think of when I think about a design like that, is someone that comes in and goes like a bat out of hell to hurry up and get the place done. For some reason, it just doesn't grab me as a precise professional type crafted service. Great for speed shops, great for 10 minute oil changes, but I'm just not alll that sure about care being put on someone's home. People look more to being TENDED to in this business.
    I'm not sure I'd want to go to a dentist that aid he'd have me in and out of there in no time flat. I also don't think I'd want to take my car to say, a transmission guy, who said 1 hour or less. This is just sort of the connotation I get when I think of a wheelie poppin' mower that doesn't even have it's DECK on the ground. See what I mean?
  4. Full throttle lawn care

I almost went with (Quality assured Lawn care).
  5. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

go get em scott all the best i can tell your excitedjust rememember there will be times when things get toughdont forget the energy you have now you will need it in those times other than that knock yourself out
  6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i thought the same as runner...... the hurry and going too fast image....

but anyway, if you find out who the truly successful people are on this board , and listen to them , i think you double your chances of success....
    good luck....
  7. Full throttle lawn care

Thats what I like about the name ,it's not your typical lawn care company name so it stands out and you remember it. If I wanted to pick a name that is quot on quot safe I whould pick a name like ground control etc. It may be a risky name but it's just me and I only need 15 clients. Everyone I talk to really likes the name so it may not be for everyone it works for me. I've alwas been someone that takes the road less traveled.
  8. Full throttle lawn care

I think you guys whould get a kick out of my trailer,how do I post a picture?
  9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<Table width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><TR><TD><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></TD></TR></Table>
    Hi Full throttle lawn care,

Great name :) It does sstand out. I would like to see your trailer image. Can you post an attachement?

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>
  10. Full throttle lawn care

I whould like to but I whould like to black out the last 4digits in the phone number. How do you do that? I want serious calls only if you no what I mean.