newbie with a Quick 36.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Skeelow, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Skeelow

Skeelow LawnSite Member

Just wanted to say thanks to WJW lawn, Buckeye mowing, and Gary at BOP for helping me with my first commercial mower purchase. Just got the Quick 36 Samurai last week. Already have full time job and mow on the side with 4 accounts currently for next year and looking to pick up 3 or 4 more.

Since they have the sale going on I went ahead and got the stepsaver (probbaly won't use it to much since I like to walk and need to walk more!) , the stripe kit (mainly for my lawn), headlights ( since some of the mowing will be evening work and lights will help in late March, October, and November) mulch plate, gators, service parts package, grass catcher ( of which i will probably use mostly on my yard unless people want to pay more for this.) With about $180 shipping,( $100 of which was for the mower), total was just under $3500 for everything. Hated to pay for the shipping living not to far away from Better, but with current work schedule, I had to.

Tried it out Saturday on my parent's yard, with the gators and mulch plate already installed for me from BOP. Man does this mower have a great cut. Looks better than what my parent's 21 inch mower produced. And it shredded up the leaves on their yard. We even took it through a pile of leaves 2 feet high and it just destroyed them! Anyway I had a lot of fun trying out my new mower this weekend and look forward to mowing the accounts I have next year.

Thanks also to the veterans who post on this site to help out newbies like me.

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Good Luck !! It's nice to such excitement...we are all over grown kids with toys...LOL. I have the stripe kit to for my lawn at home and it is great...it has actualy gotten me two accounts in my neighborhood due to the stripes and pool table smooth cut. Gary and the boys at BOP are great and I cannot wait to see their new stuff

3. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Kinda like getting a bike for Christmas as a kid isn't it? You get a new toy, but can't play with it all that much!

Good Luck (and charge well for your time)

:weightlifter:

4. BUCKEYE MOWING

Skeelow ..Did you get the step saver ?? thats my next toy...save the legs a bit..

5. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

DId I read somewhere that the step saver and the stipping kit can't be used together?

6. Skeelow

Skeelow LawnSite Member

Step saver and stripe kit can't be used together. Buckeye mowing, yeah I got the step saver since it was on sale. With what little accounts I'm doing I doubt I will use it much especially receiving no workout with my full time job plus I need the walking after putting on some pounds from recenlty getting married and enjoying my wife's cooking!

7. BUCKEYE MOWING

I hear that...been married for 13 years and have three kids....no chance of gaining weight in my house..LOL ..step saver will help me keep up with my kids energy....I use the stripe kit on my lawn and 2 others who have requested it...but the Quick 36 stripes pretty good with out it as well

8. paul vroom

paul vroom LawnSite Senior Member

160lbs when I got married, 240 now. I need the step saver! I am going for the 36 Samurai also. Excited just hearing about it.

9. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Skeelow...CONGRATS!!!!!!!! You made the right call and got yourself a GREAT machine!!! I'm a big fan of the mulch kit...but with all these dang leaves I think Im close to getting the grass catcher too. Enjoy the Samurai..she's a BEAST!

10. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on the new mower Everything I hear about them is good I am hoping to purchase one before next season