newbie with pics of my setup

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Echelon, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Echelon

Echelon LawnSite Member
    from ohio

hello all, been in the industry now for ten or so years one way or another. have got a good background for this type of business. hope to do well over the next couple seasons and grow. id say my biggest weakness at this point would be the business end of the self employment, but i hope to learn alot through research, experience, and advice. ive got patience and a little tucked away for mistakes.

ive been reading through the forum and i found a ton of negative comments on a machine i just bought. apparently this is the dreaded sutech 33:
    [​IMG]

i havent used it enough yet to form my own opinion but it seemed ok when i did use it. it was bought for gated yards. the clutch needs feathered when turning but when you do it turns easy. and it does have band brakes. just need more time with it to see what wears out when.

all accounts i service are residential and not more than an acre. fall is coming up quick so ive got this machine being delivered next week:
    [​IMG]

its a ransomes zt120, or my econo-walker as i like to call it. i used walkers at the mowing company i worked for and did their leaf collection route. worked slick so i hope this is likewise. couldnt find any info on one of these good or bad. anyone know about it? im stoked for fall with that machine. best of all, when its full ill back it up on here, dump and head back out:
    [​IMG]

its old but its a tractor. 6.5 I-6 diesel w/ allison 4spd auto trans. lots of room and turns on a dime. i do mostly landscape maintenance and its a great platform to work out of. 16k lb. gvwr so ill never stress it with what i do. doesnt smoke or use oil and its got 260k on it. exhaust smells rich when first started but once its up to temp its nice and clean. its got ac that turns on, just doesnt blow cold. maybe just a recharge?

anyhow, if yall know anything about the ransomes or the truck let me know what you think. i already know the general opinion of the sutech around here:)

2. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I'd have to say that you have got a pro set-up going on. Some argue that it would be better to mow outta your trunk when starting but I tend to think big myself. Your good to go. As far as the Sutech, I got it. I like it for what its worth and it does a fairly decent job. Of all my equipment, the Sutech has yet to fail me.

The truck is pimp, no doubt. You will be haulin a*ss this fall. I gotta look into one of those myself.

I say 9 outta 10. I would have given a 9.5 but the grass catcher on the Sutech ruined it for me.\\:clapping:

3. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

I am surprised no one has replied to this thread. I really like your set up. It looks nice, and is better than what I have...But hey, I'm only 15.

4. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yeah, Would you mind telling me where you bought the 33"? I am in the market for a Sutech.

5. waffletown20

waffletown20 LawnSite Member
    from PA

That setup looks great! Working for that lawn company probably helped you choose out such nice equipment.

6. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Nice setup man!!!:) That truck looks pretty radical.

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

You'll do fine. Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. Read this forum long enough and you'll find negative comments on everything so I wouldn't let that bother you.

8. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like a great start for you. I'm surprised that truck has 260K..looks new. Good luck with your business.

9. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Im really digging the truck!! Very very nice!

10. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

How does the better half feel? Nice set-up. Now get to work!!!!