1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Newbie with ?'s

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by sodzilla, Nov 21, 2003.

1. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

Hey everybody.

I'm thinking of doing irrigation systems next year or maybe the year after. I've been doing some looking into them and thought it might be a good idea. I've talked to my local irrigation supplier, they handle Toro, Rain Bird, Weathermatic and Irritrol. I've received their binder with all the products and pricing in it. After looking through their books and reading posts here I'm thinking of going with Rain Bird systems. I know a guy who's building a new house and says we can do his install. The supplier says they will help with the design and layout. I've also seen on Rain Bird's website that they have irrigation schools that are 2-3 days. Are these worth the time and money or is there a better way? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks for your time,

2. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

go to school, young man.

actually, that would be a good foundation. try to take the ia's cic course and exam. after that, the real learning begins.

good luck.