1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rixtag, May 3, 2000.

1. rixtag

rixtag LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lehi Ut

Good morning all of you. I have really enjoyed reading from you and I am glad that there is a place to be able to ask questions and get advice without someone thinking you are looking to steal their secrets and/or business. I have been in business officially for 2 years (part time) and I have a couple of questions for you. (1) I have some accounts that have a recurring weed problem in and around shrubs and I am really picky about being thorough. What methods are good for getting all of the weeds without damaging the shrubs? (2)What kind of additional services (irrigation repairs, tree trimming etc do you offer when bidding and if not offered how do you think that affects wether or not you get the bid?<br>

2. curlawngreen

curlawngreen Banned

Please go to search and ask some it of these questions and then come back and ask again.<br>Thanks Tim

3. hall

hall Guest

I used roundup with a liquid post emergent to keep the weeds from coming back for a long time. Spot treat and make sure you don't spray the bushes.<p>Other services depend on what you are qualified to do. If you are qualified to offer more services then offer them. If a job requires a service that you are not qualified to do then do not bid it or better yet sub-contract the service.

4. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

dittos to hall's reply<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

5. rixtag

rixtag LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lehi Ut

I appreciate all of your info, thank you very much.