Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mrclean, May 14, 2001.

1. mrclean

mrclean LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I have just made the decision, after about 2 years of thought, to jump head first into this business. Actually, the layoff at work seemed to help push me in this direction. Luckly it was something I had been tossing around for a while. I just found this site and think it is great. If anyone has any advice for a newbie it will be greatly appreciated.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

First of all, welcome to Lawnsite.com and it would help in answering certain questions if you would put what part of the USA you live. Just click on Profile and change that if you would.

The best advice for you would be to do a lot of reading here. I have a link on my home page called Lawnsite Links that has 76 topics of past threads on bidding, buying new equipment, all the mower brands, you name it, it's probably there. It will help you in finding the topics you want to read about. Just click on the flashing GIF to get to my website. I hope this helps.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Welcome [​IMG]

Read Erics suggestions then see what questions you have. ;)

4. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

welcome to lawnsite.com,,, eric elm has a thread started right now abnout turf mag. go to it and their is alot of information about tips for the new guy that were published in the new turf mag. you can learn alot for all these guys and myself, a bunch of great minds on here, dfon't abuse it. good luck to you i hope your around at the end of the season

5. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

my basic advice is to show up on time for appointments and do what you say you will do.

and my reason for this is because the same people that will be calling you are calling for a reason. and that is they have been disappointed by someone else. good luck.

GEO

6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

geo just gave some of the best advice ....a very simple rule to work n' prosper by ....."do what you say n when you say you will do it"

7. mrclean

mrclean LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I just want to thank everyone for their good advice. I have been going through all of the treads and have found more useful information than I ever thought I could. Thanks again, now I am off......... to read some more.:alien:
    Max