Newer Husqvarna WB's anyone?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Feb 16, 2005.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Anyone here have one of the newer Husqvarna wb mowers? In particular the models with the Easy Touch Controls and/or the Quicklift deck lift system???

Seem like really nice features. Curious to hear from anyone that owns one with both/either of these features?

Overall likes and dislikes of the mower, cut quality, etc....

Thanks.

2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I have Run the 42"...Controls are Very Similar to ECS...Height Adjust is the Best in the Business...Will not Purchase because they Use a Universal Carrier Frame for all 3 Decks which Means Drive Weels are far from rear of Deck Making the Unit Long....Will stick w/eXmarks Thank You Very Much.

http://lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20582&stc=1

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

In that pic (thanks by the way), it appears that those two mowers are pretty much the same length, no?

I'm guessing that one on the trailer was just a demo?.

How about the quality of the cut? Discharge of clippings? etc.

4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I was looking at the 52" the other day. Talked to alot of the LCO's around here that run them and they said for the money ther is no way they would run anything else. Quality cut, Fast, Durable were all quotes from several of them. One guy has a 42 that has almost 3600 hours on it and is 3 1/2 years old. Still runs like a top. Only changed the rear tires and the fuel tank. Fuel tank was cause a limb went through it when one of his workers ran it under a tree. He is upgrading to all new equipt this year and said he will keep Huskavarnas on his trucks.

5. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

No they're Not the Same Length...The Husqrvana is Longer than the 32" Viking even though it Uses 3-14" Blades & the Viking Uses 2-16" Blades....There's a Huge Gap Between the deck & Drive Tires...In Reverse & @ Lower settings This Caused Scalping...I also Like my Walks Compact for the Small Lots we Service.

They Used the Same Carrier Frame on 42"-48" & 52"...It's a Very Bad Fit on the 42"....The cut was fine but I didn't Get it in Heavy Grass & Didn't Use the Mulch Kit.

The Height Adjust is the Best Thing About these Walks...Sweet.

http://lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20583&stc=1

6. KUTTINIT

KUTTINIT LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

I was told this is the same mower as the Yazoo /Kees...anybody confirm this?

7. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Yes the same mower they cut okay,the stripes were good, to raise the deck is top of any wb on the market.the price is lower than most top names.

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

So, would that gap shouldn't be there on th larger, 52" model then I assume?
    (that would be the model I would be interested in, IF I choose to stay with a WB).

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Are you sure about that? They sure don't look the same. And Y/Z doesn't have the features that we're talking about here (controls and deck lift).

10. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Just going by what a local dealer said,