Newest Shindaiwa Hand Blowers????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Talon1189, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Talon1189

Talon1189 LawnSite Member

Does anyone know anything about the newest Shindaiwa EB2510 and EB3410 hand blowers?? I saw them in a lawn magazine and cannot find any information on them anywhere :confused: I want to buy a new professional handblower. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

2. zeroturner

zeroturner LawnSite Member

One of the ads in Turf magazine states that they will be available in October 2006. So you should not have to wait much longer.

3. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.pittauto.com/browse/Equipment/Blowers/Handheld Blowers

Not much, but it specifies the flow rate and mph.

4. Wise_A

Wise_A LawnSite Member

In the northeast, the EB 2510 is already available at your local dealer. The EB3410 is still TBA. They are both great machines as they are considered 4-stroke instead of your usual 2-cycle, but perform like a 2-cycle.

Quieter, more power.

Check out this link about the technology that will power the machines: http://www.shindaiwa.com/c4tech/index.html

5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

6. Turf-R-Us

Turf-R-Us LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

I called Shindaiwa earlier this week re: these blowers. Here are the specs:

EB 2510
    ======
    Displacement: 24.5cc
    CFM w/tubes: 328 cfm
    Air velocity: 180 mph
    Weight w/tubes: 11.4 lbs

EB 3410
    ======
    Displacement: 34cc
    CFM w/tubes: 398 cfm
    Air velocity: 199 mph
    Weight w/tubes: 11.7 lbs

7. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Notice that they weigh over 2.2 lbs MORE than the EB240S. That could be a big difference if you are holding it out there for a while.

8. Talon1189

Yup.........Damn.....those are a couple of heavy handheld blowers :weightlifter: Weight is important to me :nono: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

9. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i was at a sthil dealer today .they had several old model bg85 in stock. hurry to a stil dealer and pick up an old model while you can! i dont blame you for not wanting the new emmisions compliant models. who does! more weight -less preformance.

10. Talon1189

I went to 2 different Stihl dealers here in Michigan. Both had the BG 85D's :cry: The 2nd dealer even opened a new box and the blower said BG 85C on the unit :confused: He said that when he rings one up on the computer the invoice will say BG 85D on it :hammerhead: The instuctions mentioned the catalitic converter on them also :dizzy: I decided to buy the Redmax HBZ2600 hand blower as it has a 2 year commercial warranty + it felt alot lighter in my hand, and cost $20.00 less :clapping: I just blew some rain soaked leaves off my driveway and it it sweet :) I also looked at the Shindaiwa,Tanaka, and Echo handheld blowers......The Remax looked and felt the best to me. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon