1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Newly re-done website...opions please

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by shade tree landscaping, Jan 5, 2008.

1. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I just re-did my website. Hopeing to get a little feedback so please take a look and let me know what you think. Some pages on it are still under construction, but for the most part it is done

2. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Well to be honest and im not ripping you because im the first one to get upset when someone rips someone on here but i think that white sign looking box thing has to go,it looks very unprofessional to me and i think you would be much better off with some type of landscape photo or lawn and house type photo,it reminds me of the guy with the magnet on the old truck if you know what i mean,people want to see what you do and some quality i think.Put some real feel or personal touch to it like a photo of your family or something to make a connection with the customer.Please dont be offended its just my honest opinion ok. oh and one more thing,on the flip side in your landscape pics i think you have too many pics and too many high class house's in their.I think it will make the average customer think that you are going to be real expensive and you could lose sales that way,calm down the pics and put a more realistic average type pic on your home page,they may never make it to your pic page if you dont make that home page more personable and professional looking!
  3. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

BIGW thanks for the input! I do plan on chaning the log on the home page to picture, just can't seem to find one yet that "jumps" out at me. As far as the landscape pics being to many high class homes, not enough average homes. The problem is that the majority of the homes around here are that size, that is the average home in the areas where I do work. Thanks for the advice though, much appreciated. Anymore?
  4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I would use my nicest lawn or landscape as an image on the front page. Honestly, I don't care for ads, especially at the top of the page. Looks a bit tacky IMO, not to mention they are advertising other landscaping companies. I'd put the clock at the bottom or at least find a nicer looking one & put it on top of your side bar & have it be the same size. Lose the "Welcome to..." , you have your name right under it TWO times! It kind of looks like you ran out of things to put on your home page so you started repeating yourself & filling the rest in w/ paid advertising.
  5. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

If thats the case then maybe just take a few off that page,i think you should put like one or two their and then maybe a more personal touch like your kids or wife or dog,have you seen my site? alittle more personal and i think your future customers would like to get to know who is coming before they call.Just my 2 cents but heres my site if you havent seen it yet,maybe you can see what i mean about personable and less pics. http://vintagelawncare.com
  6. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Try going with colors that dont clash. The green on green text doesnt go well find another that is easier on your eyes.
    Ditch the big white box with your company's logo.