1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

News letters

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by sgallaher, Jan 9, 2004.

1. sgallaher

sgallaher LawnSite Senior Member

How many of you send out news letters to your custmers? What content do you put in these and how often do you send them out. Just curious, I've seen a couple of members on here stated that they send them out. I was thinking about it for this year but unsure of what to put exactly. Thanks for the advice & help.
  2. sgallaher

Nobody has any advice?
  3. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

++++Nobody has any advice?++++

Nobody ever reads this forum. Try posting the exact same question in the Commercial Lawn Care forum and you'll have 10 replies within a few hours. It's the only forum that anyone really pays attention to. You just gotta hope the Lawnsite people don't relocate your question to the 'appropriate' forum, which is probably Elements of the Business.

As for me, I sent out a one page Word document last November with the monthly billing that just outlined what they should expect over the winter months. Other than that, I haven't done any kind of news letter.

DFW Area Landscaper
  4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I do usually twice a year, sometimes 3. Bought some Newsletter Software at Staples for like $20. I just let them know what is going on with the business, what the rest of the year will bring and outline one service i am trying to push. I ahve gottena great response from them. Cheap way to get to your regulars and even potential customers.
  5. nuchdig

nuchdig LawnSite Member
    from oh

I have been playing around with the idea of sending out some type of newsletter (monthly, quarterly, or yearly). As for now, I send out a year-end letter stating what went on and what to expect in the garden. I get responses from this letter, but would like to receive more responses before I take the time to put together a more "regular" newsletter. I'm considering including a questionnaire with their bill to get a feel for a need to create a newsletter.
  6. sgallaher

Okay, thanks guys. I was thinking quarterly and nothing to fancy, maybe pushing a service or two and maybe a coupon or somthing.
  7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I do once a year in the spring, reminding my clients of what services I offer and anything new
  8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

once at the start of the season to remind them what we will be offering during the year.
  9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi sgallaher,

Here is a post that may be helpful in giving you more insight.