Newsletter

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by secretary, Nov 22, 2008.

1. secretary

secretary LawnSite Member

]

What are you opinions on customer newsletters?

Any of you currently pass out a newsletter?

What are some things you include?

I have a client who is interested in starting a quarterly newsletter. I was thinking of including a section with a referral coupon that can be filled out if they know of a neighbor, relative or friend to refer. If they refer someone who becomes a customer, the referring party gets something special in return. (Either a gift card, or discount off future service)

2. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

Good idea... I'll be making a seasonal newsletter (all 4 seasons).

3. Roger TheShrubber

Roger TheShrubber LawnSite Member

I'm putting the finishing touches on my newsletter that'll go out in January. Each issue has something that will help the customer, whether it's the introduction of a new hardscaping product, photo and description of a unique plant, advice on insect control, or Koi pond ideas. Each issue offers a benefit to my clients. Each issue has something to entice my client to call me.

I get great response to newsletters (they're 11"x17" in color by the way). I have past clients call me after several years of quiet when something new in the newsletter catches their eye. Newsletters are the bread and butter of my marketing campaign. I use the newsletter to promote word of mouth / referral advertising.

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I also do something similar. Almost every month along with their invoice I enclose a letter with what is coming up in the season. I get some call backs from it and all it costs is paper and ink because I already have to send out the invoices.

5. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

Got any good sources for a newsletter template ??

What are you using now and how is it working out for you?

6. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

was this question for me?

7. secretary

secretary LawnSite Member

8. Roger TheShrubber

Roger TheShrubber LawnSite Member

Mine comes from scratch and is reflective of the services that only my company can offer. I've designed mine on Microsoft Publisher. I've seen lots of templates and they're just too generic for me.

9. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I do a monthly e-newsletter for my clients. Everything I've been told is commit to doing it at LEAST once a month or don't bother. I use Constant Contact, so it even tracks who opened the newsletter, and who clicked on various links. I sell myself as a "green" designer, so it'd be hard to justify the additional paper :)

10. Joe Shooner

Joe Shooner LawnSite Member

My company produces newsletters specifically for the green industry. You can feel free to send me a message if you'd like more information.