Newsletters?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by EJD Lawnpride, Jan 10, 2007.

1. EJD Lawnpride

EJD Lawnpride LawnSite Senior Member

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone does quarterly newsletters,and if so if you might have any suggestions or examples.
    Thanks,
    Eric

2. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I did our first one this past year, just before Christmas.

It seemed to go over fairlywell. I will hand it out to every new client this year as the season progresses.

Where is Linfield PA?

Tim

3. EJD Lawnpride

Linfield,Pa. is about 15 min. from King of Prussia, Valley forge. What did you include on your newsletter? How did it look?letter or Newsletter style?

4. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have MSPublisher, send me your email or PM me your email and I'll send you a copy.

Tim

5. John Zaprala

John Zaprala LawnSite Senior Member

We have a newsletter that we change from time to time. We try to give a little info that applies to particular jobs. For example paver care or plant care. The idea behind a newsletter in my opinion and it works, is to have your company in the customer's head year round. Not just Spring when they need mulch, but all the time. A great sales tool and icebreaker, "Hi, did you receive our newsletter?" Offer deals to people who receive the newsletter. We gave out pumpkins last year. "Call us for a free pumpkin delivered!" It was a reason for us to go meet with our customer again, check over our work and show we offer superior service.

6. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

What a unique approach to ending a season. I haven't read many of your posts, but I'm growing quite fond of you. I wish you many blessings this season!

7. John Zaprala

John Zaprala LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, I'm really liking this site. It's good to know you're never alone, 2 heads (or all of lawnsite) is better than one.
    We like to consider ourselves a sales organization not just landscaper/hardscapers. I get a newsletter called Sales Caffeine by Jeff Gitomer. I find these newsletters very insightful and offer great sales ideas.
    Click here for a free online subscription. I was skeptical at first on how applies to our industry, but it is written to apply to all sales in any size company.

8. EJD Lawnpride

Thanks for the reply guys. Tim,My email is Lawnpride@verizon.net
    I will be doing newsletters quarterly this year. I think it will help my customer relations