Newsletters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JML, Feb 11, 2000.

1. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering, are newsletters to customers worth the time, other than offering services.. Do any of you have any newsletters you could forward to me to look at. I was thinking about designing one for my company, but i don't know if it is worth the time..<p>thanks<br>joe

2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

For smaller companies, I like the idea of the services that design/print a standard professional one for you. Your name/logo go on top (Masthead they call it) and it's the most bang for your buck, with no time from you.

3. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

Joe,<br> We started using newsletters as a way of increasing per customer revenue last year. We put together articles on the benefits of dethatching and aeration and a rough price based on square footage. Also we explained the FAQ's that customers usually ask as well as general articles on fertilizing and seasonal tips. You would not believe the positive response we received as well as the old ladies now telling me that they want their lawn dethatched because it had never been done before. Another thing to do is include a checklist of the services you offer and have them check it off and send it back to you. We had people who normally just had their lawns cut requesting many other services that they never had us perform before. My advice, put out a newsletter, but take your time doing it right. This will reflect your professionalism in doing business as well. If you need a copy of ours, post me your email and I'll forward it along. I also have some professional clip art images from Toro if you need them.<p>Mike

4. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

Mike, my e-mail address is jmurraylandscaping@yahoo.com thanks for the newsletter..

5. mountain man

mountain man LawnSite Member

There was an article in the last issue of (I think) Landscape Management. A guy wrote that they had a newsletter done quarterly by an agency and with photos etc it cost them $2500 per quarter. This was for 1000 copies. I would hope that a smaller but still professional newsletter can be done for less. <p>Mike: I'd like to see a copy of your newsletter and the Toro images as well. My email is jmn3@ix.netcom.com Thanks! <p>

6. Dingo

Dingo LawnSite Member
    from TN

Mike,<br> I would greatly appreciate it if you could please send me your newsletter and the images. it would help me out a lot<br> thanks for your help<br>Dingo

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I would like a copy too, if it isn't too much trouble. <p>horsepowerinc@yahoo.com<br>

8. $2.50@ for a newsletter?<p>I can do my own using a puter program and<br>my (used) HP lazer printer for about $.01@.<p>If you sell your new customers every service<br>on your inital contact what is point of sending out newsletters? Just to give them<br>information. If they want information they<br>should buy a book or listen to Jerry Baker.

9. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Newletters are used by professional companies only.

10. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

Mike, could you send me a copy also? My e-mail is norcottinc@aol.com<br>thanks, Chris