1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by dkeisala, Feb 28, 2004.

1. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

I put out a monthly, 2-sided newsletter. I found that the bigger I grew, it was a great way to communicate with my clients. I also use it to promote additional services and try to keep it light and informative. It's self-produced on a standard publishing computer program and while it's time intensive, my customers always comment on how much they like and look forward to reading it every month. It's a huge time committment every month but if I were to stop now, I think it would be missed.

Anyone else use a newsletter? Care to share comments or ideas?
  2. DanTheGrassman

DanTheGrassman LawnSite Member
    from Canada

check your private messages.
  3. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

I agree on keeping in touch with my customers as well. I do a newsletter 2 times a year. One just before fall, and the other just before spring.

I have about 700 customers that I have done work for at one time or another, so it is good to keep in touch with them.

As for my regular customers I sometimes ad a newsletter to their invoices from time to time.