Newspaper Ad?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SUPERIORCARELANDSCAPING, Feb 17, 2006.

1. SUPERIORCARELANDSCAPING

SUPERIORCARELANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

Has anyone had very good look with running an ad in the local papers?

2. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

After fliers, Ads in local newspapers have been our next best success.

With any form of advertising it's all about timing. You may run an Ad in the newspaper one week and get 2 calls for it then run the same Ad a couple of weeks later and get 2 dozen calls. Also give people a reason to call right away, something like "first ten calls get one FREE lawn service", or something like that.

3. Mike_NTx

Mike_NTx LawnSite Member

It is all about your timing. Not too soon in the season and not too late in the season. It's a crap shoot.

4. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I ran a ad for two weeks last year, within the first day i got over 10 calls. Over all i picked up 10 lawns and a whole months work of cleansup, mulch, hedge trimming and other work!

5. doony

doony LawnSite Member
    from chicago

i have ads in local papers since mid january. already have had several calls.getting ready to be in yellow pages. also gettin ready to put out 4000 flyers never to earliy to advertise

6. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I like to watch the weather, I hate to spend $500 on a add then we get a snowstorm and all of a sudden nobody is thinking about Lawn care.