1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Newspaper ads

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by upsondown, Feb 27, 2004.

1. upsondown

upsondown LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone advertising in the newspapers yet? If so - would love to see you guys post your ad on the site.
  2. FFMED74

FFMED74 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

My ad runs in a weekly newspaper fro 8 weeks currently, about $112. It isn't fancy, but gets my info and web site out. It is 2"w by 1"h.

3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Here's mine, with New Year Special changed to Spring Specials, 2" x 4"

Attached Files:

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi FFMED74,

I like how you use 'firefighter owned.' Have you ever heard any of your new clients mention that is why they chose you?
  5. upsondown

upsondown LawnSite Senior Member

I must admit that struck me a bid odd too.
  6. FFMED74

FFMED74 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Not as of yet, but I have had people at other jobs say they feel more secure knowing that I am a firefighter, it is more of a trust issue, I guess. Gopher I think you went to my web page www.straightwaylc.com and I give a free safety walk-through as a sell point to new residential customers.
  7. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I gotta say running an add in the newspaper was a waste of time for me. I got a ton of calls but they where all price shopers and I didn't sign realy anything up. if you bid work cheap i guess it works but if you bid jobs to make money I wouldn't waste the time running around doing all the estimates. Thats just my experience for what it worth.