1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

newspaper advertising?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SOS Landscaping, Jun 22, 2008.

1. SOS Landscaping

SOS Landscaping LawnSite Member

What do you guys think about this? Anyone have any good luck with it?

2. Hartnett Lawn Care

Hartnett Lawn Care LawnSite Member

You get good luck with the local papers....ie: community newpapers:

ie: Family Owned Business: local, couteous and reasonbly priced

Good luck:usflag:

3. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

90% of are calls are from the paper

4. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

They work great for me. Like Hartnett said "local papers only"

5. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

ya. thats what i've been doing..local papers, put a key word in your advertisement though.." dependable".... thats what i have and get all kinds of calls! alot of yo-yo lawn care guys around here just show up when they want, i hear that from all my new clients.

6. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

About 12 of my 14 customers told me that there lawn man randomly stopped showing up. Each one of them has turned out to be an awesome customer so I know it wasnt them. I have also noticed multiple used WB's for sale locally on craigslist. Normally you cant find a running crapsman on there let alone a commercial unit. Mabey these guys are starting to leave this industry for good.

7. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

ya, thats what usually happens. start out figuring its easy money, once it get hot out, then those so called lawn guys are gone! LOL the heat usually gets them all the time.LOL:laugh: get rid of them, thats better for us pro's!