1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Newspaper Advertising????

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by knox gsl, Mar 7, 2011.

1. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

i extended my newspaper add through the end of april...i'm the only one in there...there is a bush hog add in there as well but not lawn care.....so total it's gonna be running for 2 months...for $200...if i don't get a single call i'm gonna be pissed lol

2. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

then you'd definitly be pissed if you paid my price.

my news paper is charging me $200 per month. thats the cheapest price. the more months you sign up in advance the cheaper it is.

you can do up to a 12 month contract and thats what i did at $200 a month. thats the min. you can do.

it'd be more if you only did it for 2 months.

3. ef200098

ef200098 LawnSite Member

I pay 200 a month for a WEEKLY paper. 1.5" x 2". I run it every week March through may then every other week thereafter until november. Thats the cheap one. We have another paper that i dont advertise in yet, but they want 80 for a 1/32 page per week.

Mike

4. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

You put a ad in the knoxville one if so ill look for it this friday when i get a paper.

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Have you figured how to get your ad to the top? Here, it starts at the bottom and moves up as others expire. If you run your ad 2 months, at the beginning of the second month it will start at the bottom again. I assume it would be better to have them at the top, especially around the peak time you think the calls will come it. Also, this year I am expiermenting with a different style of headline. My headline is double the height and all bold "LAWN CARE FOR YOU" and the second like reads "More Value For Your $$". I have never tried running headlines in the paper other than, "affordable lawn mowing" or something along those lines. My keywords are "you, your, value and $$". We'll see how they work. I can change the text at anytime during the 31 days the ad runs.

6. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

The first one will be march 17 in the Farragut Press.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Dont gusse ill see it then cause i dont get that.

8. TheBetterDoorhanger

TheBetterDoorhanger Sponsor

Hi Lawnsite Members! Advertising can be so stressful... it always feels more like your playing a round of Black Jack more than trying your hand at an investment. We are happy to walk you through the direct mail process & discuss options with you that will help keep your costs down. Have you heard of our innovative Band-It Stick-It Door Hangers? They are a cost effective way to keep your door hanger advertisement on the door where it belongs & customers can even bring the ad inside & place it on the refrigerator instead of throwing it in the drawer with your competitors ads. (Our Postcards also have Stick-It so they can bring the mailer from the mailbox to the fridge!)

We have great start up specials on our innovative Door Hanger Band-It Stick-It® products and even offer free CUSTOM design services if you mention this forum post! (No hidden costs – talk to a live customer service rep – lots of Lawn & Landscaping designs to choose from as well)

5,000 only $349 - FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING
    2,500 only $199 - FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING
    1,000 only $99
    FULL COLOR PRINTING INCLUDED! - 4.25" x 11" - full color front, blank back, gloss cover stock
    ALSO 9"x6" FULL COLOR POST CARDS (with Stick-It) mailed & postage included as low as $0.26 each.
    SEARCH Lawnsite for Adeas Printing & see what other members are saying about us and our products. TELL CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU READ ABOUT US ON A LAWNSITE FORUM & RECEIVE FREE CUSTOM DESIGN!!

www.AdeasPrinting.com/door-hangers
    866 - 778-4254
    stickit@adeasprinting.com

9. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

When I get a copy monday I will see if I can post it here.