1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Newspaper inserts

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by chimmygew, Dec 22, 2005.

1. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

Thought I'd ask the ones that have had fliers placed in their local newspapers what kind of response you have recieved. I got a pretty good price on my local paper. It would cost me $170.00 for my town or $280.00 for my town plus the neighboring town. Probably about 8000 - 9000 (small town) papers total. Anyway, what kind of response rate have you gotten? I have had poor success with door hangers. Another thing is, I have never seen any of the competition advertise this way. The comp always just puts an ad in classifieds, usually 15 - 20 ads at once. I figured this would be a good way to help get my name out there.
  2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

advertised in two towns, got 14 clients, then got more through there referals... to 25 ending the year, hope to at least double that this year

not alot by some guys standerds here, but i though it was great for my first year on my own....