Newspaper or Doorhangers?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by brjohnso, May 16, 2006.

1. brjohnso

brjohnso LawnSite Member

Newspaper
    30 days
    $154

Population of city and surrounding suburbs - close to 1.5 million
    20 other landscaping/lawn care service companies currently advertising

2000 door hangers
    $90 plus S/H

Was wondering which route you would go

2. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Not trying to be a smart ass but I don't read the paper and I throw door hangers away without looking.

3. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

We are in the waiting process of the newspaper / ads route to hear calls back so I'm not sure about that yet. We did doorhangers at the beginning of the season and we got a HUGE call back from them. They look a lot more professional than flyers. We handed out 2,000 doorhangers and got about 50 calls from them. That's a 25% call back, not too bad I don't think. All of the customers we got from them paid for it. We purchased ours from NEBS and they look really nice. If you go to their website http://www.nebs.com and order a catalog, you get either 10% or 25% off your first order of doorhangers. Good luck :) :)

4. brjohnso

brjohnso LawnSite Member

So you expect me to come up with money for a commercial for radio or TV? This is a new business and these are both common forms of marketing for landscaping companies. I'm only trying to figure the best option of the two.

5. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't say that now did I? Well I guess I would go the door hanger route because A] its cheapest and 2] Dunn said he got a good response.

6. LandscapeMasterpieceGA

LandscapeMasterpieceGA LawnSite Member

2.5% sounds better...

7. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Door hangers damn it.