Next few days will be soggy here in N. Texas

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ironman1994, Apr 25, 2007.

1. ironman1994

ironman1994 LawnSite Member

Looks like things up in my neck of the woods will be slowed down for a couple of days.;) With the line of storms that moved through here late yesterday afternoon and last night, I had 10 inches of rain at my house and a lot of wind. Didnt have any damage where I live but about a mile from my house had a small tornado touch down and do some damage. I'll try to get some pics posted later this evening.

2. Babbages01

Babbages01 LawnSite Member

Had 9 inches here in Denton and a lot of flooding.

3. Coumbe

Coumbe LawnSite Senior Member

We are getting it bad this morning. Around Conroe, north of Houston.

4. ironman1994

ironman1994 LawnSite Member

Yeah the southern part of the state seems to be getting it right now, as well as late last night. Saw this morning where there were 6 killed down in Eagle Pass, Tx by a tornado, and just heard that the total has risen to 10 fatalities.

5. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

80-100 mph winds north of San Antonio in New Braunfels. Only got about 2 inches of rain though so I will start mowing late afternoon today.

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Just watching the news this morning, you guys in the Denton area are getting it nasty! Crazy, crazy weather by the looks of things. Stay safe!

7. Babbages01

Babbages01 LawnSite Member

Yeah. They said we got something around 9" and apparently from watching the news we had the worst flooding out of anyone. I've lived here all my life and I've never seen it that bad.

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

got a little west of Houston Bellville Sealy, Katy.

But I mowed today....we have a lot of sand/clay it drys fast

9. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I go to school up in Denton and luckily I didn't have class yesterday. We got quite a bit of rain here in Lewisville. I mowed today and it wasn't the worst situation I have ever had to work in, but it was pretty soggy. I am hoping tomorrow will be a little better now that the sun has been hitting the ground all day long.