Next Field Test: Which Tanaka Model?

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by Tanaka, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Other than the edger, which Tanaka model / product category should we add to the Field-to-Forum reviews?

-MW

2. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i would be interested in field testing just about anything you can send my way

3. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    Ok - I have the field test program back in business. Our new one-man auger, the TIA-350S, is currently being put through the paces down in AL.

-MW

4. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in the market for both a handheld and backpac blower, that's what I'd like to see tested.

Already have the 210S and totally happy with it.

5. Jaeger

Jaeger LawnSite Member

Having many handheld blowers from the main brands (Stihl, Redmax, JD 4cycle, Echo and Tanaka) I must say, the Tanaka is a special breed. Nice weight, awesome blowing power, high quality and some metal pieces in areas mostly plastic in others.
    Impressive handheld. Could use a rubberized hand grip area and better hold down and start stability. The Stihl is like a BMW, Tanaka like a Nissan 350Z,
    Redmax like a Chevy truck, John Deere BH25LE a Cadillac. O the echo is a honda. Where is Honda in the blower market anyway?

Latter
    Erich

6. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Hey it's prunin' time in my neck of the woods. I know there has been a lot said about the 210S, and I belive it's been tested too. I'm Stihl torn between which model/manufacturer to go with.

hillndale :headphones:

7. Jaeger

Jaeger LawnSite Member

OK
    Get either the Tanaka or the Redmax.
    Both quality machines to last quite a while.

Erich

8. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

OK so which model RedMax & how much. The Tanaka 210S is $350. The Stihl HS80 is $350 & the Stihl HS81 is $425. So... which RedMax competes at these price points? Thanks

hillndale :headphones:

9. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i would say this with all attachments TBC-250SF "Split-boom" Grass Trimmer

10. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Mark,

i would like to test or see a test on the THB-2510 HANDHELD BLOWER with the vac kit. i currently have an Echo unit that i use in mulch beds. i'm really not happy with this unit and i will be looking at other options this fall.

Thanks,
    Ron