next gen track price ?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Nel-Martin, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Nel-Martin

Nel-Martin LawnSite Member
    from ON

hey every one

any one know the price of a set of tracks for T190 ? the next gen from mcleran? just curiuos....

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Wait until the winter, oil prices will drop back down, it's a really bad time of the year to buy anything rubber/oil related.

3. Nel-Martin

from ON

ya i'm gonna wear down the C pattern track's till winter then i want to get something with more traction in snow as the C pattern track is not the best in snow as i was told

4. bobcat_ron

It's not the pattern of track that gives you better traction, I know what the Mclaren tracks look like, I would love to try a pair on any CTL, but they are not the answer to increased traction in snow and ice, ASV's rubber is softer, like snow tires, even if you had 4 foot wide tracks on a CTL, you would still be sliding every where, and if ASV had tracks that were only 8 inches wide, they would still have more traction.

It's all in the rubber, that's why everyone is told to switch to winter tires for snowy climates and back to summer tires in warm weather, summer tires are made of a harder rubber that wears better on dry surfaces, but they can't "stick" to ice and snow, so a softer rubber is better suited, and it isn't likely to freeze like summer tires.

My advice would be to keep the old tracks (or buy a good used pair) and stud them with 3/4" ice studs for logging equipment, that would stick like glue to ice.

5. Nelson M Martin

Nelson M Martin LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Ron i had the T300 with 18" C pattern tracks in snow and also have i been in snow with 18" Mclaren Nex Gen tracks. It could be that soft rubber gives more traction and it might be that 4 ft wide tracks would be better.........but there is certainly a BIG difference in traction with Mclaren instead of the original C pattern:cool2:

6. RubberTracks

RubberTracks LawnSite Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bridgestone released early last year their new Polar Tread tracks designed specifically for snow removal.

bobcat_ron is correct regarding a common practice used to convert construction grade rubber tracks to run in the snow. Many contractors in the Midwest drill studded picks into their tracks to run their machines during the winter months. Although this process does work, we do not recommend this procedure because the integrity of the rubber is compromised when the picks are ripped out. You also run the risk of drilling too far into the rubber and contacting the steel cables. Once the steel cables are exposed to the elements like water, they begin to corrode and inevitably breaking causing the track to fail due to the lack of tension.

I have physically seen these tracks in action and at first I was skeptical. After visiting our test site where a contractor was able to push a 14 foot blade on a Bobcat T300 with 18" tracks through a parking lot with 25"-30" of snow, I was shocked. The only time the Bobcat let up was when it physically did not have enough horsepower to push the amount of snow. There was so much traction with the Polar Tread tracks that the machine was actually bogging down with the amount of snow it was pushing.

Please feel free to contact me at msueto@bep-usa.com or PM me with any questions.

7. Nel-Martin

from ON

that is the opion i am on about the Nex Gen Track's to Ron , i drove a T300 and a T190 with those tracks on an i would say there's a BIG diffrence in those two brand's of track's . and yet i wouldn't mind seein/try the bar tracks bobcat is comin out with sometime this fall

8. bobcat_ron

Its funny how everyone is trying to be like ASV now!!

9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

rubbertracks... how much for a set?

10. RubberTracks

RubberTracks LawnSite Member

I am not sure how Bridgestone is trying to be like ASV. This is simply a specific snow removal track aimed at a market which there was demand in.

Picasso Services - Which CTL machine do you own?