1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Next Lazer 09 Looks Nice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by luckylawnboy, Oct 23, 2008.

1. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

Just got done looking at the 09 Lazer on the web. Looks like a nice mower. Whats with the new blades? Look alot different, but they never really elaborated on them?? Overall it looks really nice. I have the XS 72 and it looks like the XS is not changed. 09 XS or 09 Lazer with a 72? Im not sure which one I will get next year..
  2. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Looks like other than the gas tank color and decks Exmark and Toro have finally become the same. I wonder if they have upgraded their spindles to the Toro heavy duty ones yet.
  3. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

Got looking again. Im not sure if that icon is a blade now or not???
  4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

the new lazer has the integrated pump/wheel motor like the 08 Deeres... least as far as i can see, im not too into the exmark stuff. I saw the guy at GIE that won the 29hp 60" Laser machine though, i got there a minute too late to see em pick the drawing but oh well.
  5. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

If I am not correct please tell me - but aren't exmark spindles heavier?? I have all toro and I am going to go all exmark next spring. When I was at the GIE show exmark pointed it out plainly and toro guy admitted that exmark is heavier, and focused on the commercial guy where toro is going to focus is the small commercial guy, large estate owners, and the general public with the box stores.
  6. meets1

I also must ad that toro is solely in the golf course industry - no cross over coming at all from exmark. There competition is primarily jac mowers.
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I see they now have the EFI available with the UltraCut deck.
  8. farmall

farmall LawnSite Member

those aren't the blades. they have the old ultracut style blades since they are the ultracut deck.
  9. meets1

Just watched there video - pretty cool!
  10. mowerknower

mowerknower LawnSite Senior Member

Saw it at expo. Im always a little leary of new mowers but this is the real deal. Just hope there are not to many updates right out of the gate