Next Lazer z Hydraulic service

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by weaver, Dec 12, 2012.

1. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone serviced there own hydro's on the newer style Lazer themselves? If so how difficult is it and what all is involved?

2. Billsz28

Billsz28 LawnSite Member

Its very simple. Remove filter, drain fluid from resevoir through oil filter housing. Pre-fill and reinstall new filter. Next fill hydro fluid resevoir with mobil 1 15w50. Jack up back end of mower and run in reverse for ~ 10 min or until all air has left system. Check filter for tightness/leaks. Done
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Remove the filters and all the hydro oil will drain out. Install new eXmark filters and use only eXmark Hydro Oil. Do not use Mobile 1.

The first service should be @ 250 hours, then every 500 hours unless operating on steep hills or using a rear grass catcher.

Oldtimer

4. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

WHOA DAWG....Beep....Beep...Beep...BACK THE TRUCK UP......:dizzy:
    When did Exmark stop using Mobil 1 15W50...??????

I usually give you "Oldtimers" a wide berth...cut you guys a little slack...Give you the benfit of the doubt...give you guys a little latitude..out of respect....
    BUT...WTH...:hammerhead:

5. Oldtimer

When the Next Lazer was introduced.

Oldtimer

6. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

My Bad...havent seen 1 yet...
    Sorry bout the bells and whistles...:waving:

7. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Ex mark is same as toro and in my g3 Manual it says toro oil or Mobil one
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. mowerknower

mowerknower LawnSite Senior Member

What is your serial number? When was it purchased, pm me. If it was bought in a certain time frame you are eligible for 3 free hydro services! The kit that exmark provide has both filters, Exmark hydro oil and a new belt.
    Let me know your info and I can look it up and see if yours falls into that category.
    The original next lazers said every 500 hours on the hydro service, they have since dropped that to every 250, even sooner if you have hilly terain, a baggers system or if you are a heavy operator!

9. Oldtimer

Posted via Mobile Device

10. Oldtimer

250 for first service - 500 for regular duty - 400 for HD use. This requires the eXmark hydro oil.

Oldtimer
    Posted via Mobile Device