Next Lazer Z.... Wow!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerknower, Mar 6, 2010.

1. scotlykins

scotlykins LawnSite Member

I like responsive controls. I noticed that when I first rode one. It has more speed also than the old Lazer.

We do many tight areas, such as apartment complexes and it is an asset for a mower to be responsive. Going straight !! :laugh:

2. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

Mowernower-

Where abouts are you mowing? Im convinced different decks perform better or worse given the various grass varieties.

3. FastMan

FastMan LawnSite Senior Member

mowerknower, I'm surprised to hear you say you sell Toro too, but the lazer is head and shoulders above it. The G3 is basically the same rig, and when I demo'd them both I found the handling/performance virtually identical. They're the sportscars of zero turns. I can kind of understand why SLC may say what he does. If you're used to the comparatively more sluggish handling of another brand the handling of the lazer/G3 may indeed seem overly touchy.

4. FastMan

FastMan LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, that true. Deck performance reports read here need to considered in that light.

5. scotlykins

scotlykins LawnSite Member

They are not the same rig. The machines are similar but the decks are different. Toro is using the Turbo Force deck. They have been using that deck for 5 years now. I had a Toro with that deck and it would not cut with my Lazers with the Ultra Cut decks.