1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

next lazers cut

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chesterlawn, Oct 4, 2012.

1. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a newer lazer and have had some issues with the cut, nothing real bad but it just didn't seem as good as my older lazer. I was still getting compliments from my customers but it was still bothering me. A few weeks ago I was going to my last lawn of the day, I was starting to have issue with my stripper pulling of the moss on this ladies lawn, so I took it off for this lawn. The stripper I made myself out of rubber which bolts on the back of the deck. The next day I was cutting my first lawn and I looked over at the cut and I thought wtf, it looked perfect a huge difference, to me at least. I sat there on my mower and was trying to think of why the big difference in the cut. Then I remembered that I forgot to put the stripper back on my mower, my striper must have been blocking the air flow to the back of my deck which resulted in a lesser cut quality. I know this situation might be unique but it may help someone.
  2. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

A properly setup deck will draw air from the back of the deck and discharge it out the side.