1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

next lazers cut

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chesterlawn, Oct 4, 2012.

1. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a newer lazer and have had some issues with the cut, nothing real bad but it just didn't seem as good as my older lazer. I was still getting compliments from my customers but it was still bothering me. A few weeks ago I was going to my last lawn of the day, I was starting to have issue with my stripper pulling of the moss on this ladies lawn, so I took it off for this lawn. The stripper I made myself out of rubber which bolts on the back of the deck. The next day I was cutting my first lawn and I looked over at the cut and I thought wtf, it looked perfect a huge difference, to me at least. I sat there on my mower and was trying to think of why the big difference in the cut. Then I remembered that I forgot to put the stripper back on my mower, my striper must have been blocking the air flow to the back of my deck which resulted in a lesser cut quality. I know this situation might be unique but it may help someone.

2. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

A properly setup deck will draw air from the back of the deck and discharge it out the side.