next peice of equipment

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dstifel, Oct 9, 2012.

1. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

I currently have

21" Troy built
    36" metro
    Stihl fs 76 seedeater
    Echo multi tool w/ attatchments
    Lesco aerator
    Wild thing chainsaw ( bought when was younger hardly use)

What should be my next move. Every yard I have besides my one commercial is limited to a 36" due to gates. Any ideas on good equipment that is a must have?

Thanks guys

2. sterlinglawns

sterlinglawns LawnSite Member

I think you will want individual trimmers and edgers at some point in the near future. That should speed you up some as well.

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

A backpack blower.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. dstifel

Have echo back pack sorry forgot to list

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Hedge trimmer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm in the same boat, it makes no sense for me to have anything bigger than a 36'' due to gate sizes. on any larger properties its more cost effective to me to use the 36'' and take a little more time for now

7. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

next thing is get some clients without gates.... otherwise sounds like you are decent.

Don't know what you have on your "multi-tool" but I would get a dedicated set of hedge trimmers, around 24"

8. dstifel

Seems like hedge trimmer is a popular choice any good or bad experiences with echo hedge trimmers I really like their hand tools I have now.

9. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

we are an echo shop.... I like stihl saws, but the local dealer is an @$$, we have 2 hc-165s and a hca-266, never had any issues with them. Just keep them lubed up good with fluid film or something of that nature.

10. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

If there isnt much potential for getting bigger lawns then Id be itching for a 36" stander. Grandstand, wright, v ride, etc. They would be faster. Time is money! Otherwise Id keep the 36" WB you have and get a 60" stander or ZTR if you can get some bigger lawns.