next peice of equipment

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dstifel, Oct 9, 2012.

1. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

How much faster do you think it would be I feel like unless it cut my time in half it wouldn't be worth the money. I'm only 21 and dont mind walking but if they are that much faster I would consider it.

2. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

They are faster. Maybe not double fast though. Theres a reason they cost double what a WB costs. You need to cut you your time in half to make it worth it?? If its 25% faster you cut 4 days into 3.

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I'd get a truck!

4. dstifel

I have a truck thinking maybe a flat bed for spraying and snow but for now I don't need very much truck to pull a 36" wb.

Maybe I will demo a couple standers next season to see how they work for me.

5. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

personally for me i stick to residential stuff as i work a full time job and do this evenings/weekends. it's easy for me to knock out a few yards after work without completely killing my evening or weekends. the 36'' stander is perfect for me, I was using a walk behind but due to a prior injury the stander makes it alot more comfortable. I find more of my time is spent trimming the yards than actually mowing. I would say the stander is about 25% faster overall, some yards its about even though depending on the obstacles, open yards its alot faster.

6. Bowhog1

Bowhog1 LawnSite Member

Destifel....Save your money. With the size lawns that you have if you want speed try adding a sulky to your WB. Maybe add a larger dedicated trimmer.Don't consider going in debt until after we see Nov pass.

7. IXINRGIXI

IXINRGIXI LawnSite Senior Member

trading in ur metro for a 36"/or 48" hydro

8. dstifel

Might try a sulky will that work we with belt driven though? And yea I try to never go into debt made that mistake once already