Next piece of equipment?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by shane772, Oct 20, 2013.

1. shane772

shane772 LawnSite Member

I am cranking it up next season and want some opinions from the pro's. I've been running a 32" Ferris walk behind single hydro and a Honda 21" HRX for the last 3 years, part time. I'm finally going to hit it full time. I'm wanting to add something bigger to help cut some time off of larger jobs. Would I be better off going with a new Ferris Evolution 48" (less than 5k with current promotion) or a used Scag or other mainstream name stand/sit on ztr for around the same price? I will be financing either way. Can get 0% if I buy new. Opinions?

2. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 LawnSite Bronze Member

How big are the properties you service? If you could warrent buying a 60 I might go that route

3. shane772

shane772 LawnSite Member

right now I only have one large property, it's a big corner lot commercial property, everything else at the moment is residential properties.

4. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you get a 48 I wouldn't bother getting a zturn. I would look at a walk behind or atander

5. shane772

shane772 LawnSite Member

why a walk behind over a ztr? I like the standers too, just hard to rationalize in my mind spending almost the same $ on a used stander -vs- a brand new Evolution.