Next years models

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by jaybee, Jul 5, 2001.

1. jaybee

jaybee LawnSite Member

My Exmark dealer recently told me that she thought next years walk behind models would only come with the ECS controls and that the pistol grips would not be available. I personally am very comfortable with the pistol grips and plan on buying a new walk behind. Any truth to this story?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jaybee here's the scoop.

To my knowledge nothing has been set in stone. I do know that there has been many meetings concerning this same thing. So many combinations a person could go with.

I will put the question back to you, what do you guys think we should do? ECS or Pistol Grip on what units? I will take your input back to are Product Planing committee!

Thanks Fred.

3. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Pistol grip

4. jaybee

jaybee LawnSite Member

As I stated, the pistol grip fits me just fine. Maybe it's a case of not teaching an old dog new tricks. I'm sure everybody's likes are different. I personally do not spend my entire mowing day behind my walk behind. I'm sure many people do, and so the ECS if it is that much more operator friendly is the way to go. I alternate with my Lazer so I never get the fatigue of walking all day long. Perhaps the way to go is to leave it an option.

5. jannan

jannan LawnSite Member

Pistol grip, and conversion kit as option

6. cp

cp LawnSite Senior Member

Pistol grip on the economy models for us poor guys.;)

7. highpoint2

highpoint2 LawnSite Member

I've never tried the ECS, but the pistol grips suit me fine. Perhaps exmark should offer both systems for the higher end models. Hopefully I'll have a chance to try the ECS at this year's exmark demo show.

8. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say pistol grips, until I tried the ECS. :) So much nicer to run. Easier on you and a lot more comfortable to use. I say switch them all to ECS.

9. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb LawnSite Member

ECS, love mine. On a hydro, but a belt drive? I know if anyone could make it happen it would be Exmark