Next year's purchase

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chevyman1, Aug 18, 2004.

1. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

besides more mowers and a dump truck, I am getting a 7 x 16 enclosed much can I expect to pay for this?
  2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

close to 5 G's

I got a 6x12, and it cost me $1800. 4 years old.

3. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

cheapo with no brakes and very low weight capacity $2500-3000

a good one with electric brakes, quality construction, go good loading ramp, vent and finished off on the inside $4500- 5500

that is what my research says and why I went with a open trailer. That and so I could haul away debris with ease.
  4. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

I have to agree with precision. I cant see the advantage to having a closed trailer for my business. It adds alot of extra weight you have to tow around, you cant haul debris easily, they cost more, if you have rops on your mower it can cause height issues. though it would be nice to not have to unload at night. I dont think its really any more secure cause they can break the locks on a closed trailer just as easy as locks on equipment on a open trailer. Plus they can just drive away with your trailer and open the locks at their ease. But that just me, if you think there good for you go with it, I may be wrong.
  5. chevyman1

I am thinking about in the fall, where I could use a leaf loader with a clear trailer, and blow all the leaves in there.....pain in the butt to clean, but 1x per year is no biggie
  6. eshreve1234

eshreve1234 LawnSite Member

I bought my Haulmark new in '04 7x16, ramp, vents, brakes etc., for $3500 + tax.
  7. chevyman1

that's what I'm looking for, where in's a 10 hr drive from the Albany, NY area, but worth it for that price
  8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

eshreve1234, That is one sweet price for all of those features. That would cost a lot more here in Northern Va.

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Emptying that will be a major PITA. Why not use the dump truck that you plan to buy?

Besides, how will you haul equipment to do the leaf clean ups?
  10. chevyman1

just a few piece of stuff could still go in there, the dump will be a smaller one...just thinking outloud ideas as I grow