1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

nextel, anyone else on fleet 48

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JML, Feb 20, 2001.

1. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

i was just curious if anyone else is on Fleet 48 on the Nextel Direct Connect Network..
  2. dtm

dtm LawnSite Member

i am not sure of fleet 48 but we used nextel service for two years. the nextel plan was good because we signed up with a promotion that had a special rate for cellular use. after the promotional rate was over the cost of the cellular useage doubled. the cost were not worth the benifits and we switched back to the cellular phones because the cost and the amount of air time you can get now of days thru cellular, nextel just can not touch it. we have a plan now thru cellular that will allow you to talk unlimited from cell phone to cell phone for on flat rate ($9.00) per month plus your rate plan. this is just like the direct connect feature from nextel. the nice thing about this is you can talk all you want to the other phone is your system and you don't have to wait to speak like on the two way radio feature of nextel. this is just my opinion but i would check out all of your options between nextel and they other cell phone companys out there. good luck we your choice.
  3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Nope, mine are on fleet 24.
  4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I pay $59 a month, 300 minutes with LD, unlimited incoming, voice mail, call ID, wireless web, & unlimited pirvate call. May switch to the $99 unlimited everything plan.