1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Nextel phones. Suggestion?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by TWUllc, Aug 30, 2007.

1. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Saturday I'll be swinging bye Nextel to add another mobile line. Currently, I have 2 lines, both of which are still using the ancient, yet bulletproof, i530. This new line will be stictly a personal line, but I still want a rugged phone. Have my eye on the ic502. Has anyone had a problem with them? The i560 is also available. I figured I'd ask before I go.
  2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I had the i530, it is indestructable!!!!!!! still works now

The i560 has held up well, the abuse these things get and it still works to, I even fell on it no problems.

I have the 502 now and it is holding up well with the abuse. I like the clarity of the sprint for calls and when using the walkie talkie, the clarity is great. The speakers sound so clear when using the speaker mode for talking.:walking:

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

The i560 is the best itz indestructible.
  4. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I like my i580
  5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

we have 3 ic502's and they are awesome i have service everywhere now with the hybird network and the phone is still rugged while looking pretty nice too
  6. stangman35

stangman35 LawnSite Member

I have an i580 also,built like a brick.Military spec.Best speaker for the two way,camera,store music and video.

Better speaker than 560,530,710,730 or any other phone Iv used from nextel.
  7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

We have 580's as well. Only problen I have had personally was with the outside displays going bad, but I am hard on my phone and usually average 2 per season. Do yourself a favor and get the insurance, I know it's worth it in my case anyways. :)
  8. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

You all must be in a total different service district because I have all Nextel phones and I hate them! I am currently using a ic502 which is horrible. My crews phones are a mix of older models, and hardly ever get service. I drop every other call I make or receive, and the phones buttons don't work half the time. I'd take the phone in for service but this is the 2nd ic502 that I've had and it's better then the first but still horrible.
  9. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

not trying to jack the post but as the above poster said the nextel (IMO) just sucks as far a reception and drop calls go. I haven't personally used nextel but I talk to people on a weekly basis with them and you can NEVER get through the first time.

FYI, we have verizon with the PTT and are happy with it.
  10. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

It must vary from area to area. I've never had any problems with Nextel, and I've been a customer since '03. It's funny because I get better service than Verizon customers in my area. Go figure right? :laugh: