Nextel Phones

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by lawncare3, Jul 23, 2005.

?

CURRENT psp (phone service provider)

1. Nextel

39 vote(s)
    52.0%
  2. T-Mobile

6 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. cingular/att

16 vote(s)
    21.3%
  4. cricket

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Verizon

17 vote(s)
    22.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone here have a nextel phone and if not what is your provider.

2. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I had Nextel for 3 years but I switched to Verizon as Nextel was rather pricey but I wish every day I had stayed with Nextel.The Verizon network, phone software navigation, and reliability was far better with Nextel .

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Ntelos provides my service, always has, always will.

never heard of any those other guys, who are they ?

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Where is Sprint on that list?

5. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I have had sprint, verizon, and now nextel....

verizon was the WORST I ever had, almost every call got dropped. Sprint was good, I realy dont know why I switched. I like nextel alot though. I want to get a cingular/att just because they have soooo many towers, you ALWAYS have service.

6. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

i swear by nextel had them for 4 years and wont go to anyone else. I hate that fact that they merged with Sprint worse thing they could have ever done.

7. SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC LawnSite Member

I HAVE NEXTEL NOW , BUT SINCE THE MERGER ANNOUNCEMENT WITH SPRINT I HAVE SEEN A SIGNAL QUALITY DECREASE. DIRECT CONNECT IS AWESOME, BUT THE CELL SERVICE NEEDS MAJOR IMPROVEMENT AROUND HERE. THE PHONE INSURANCE IS GREAT TOO BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH MOTOROLA IS THE TOUGHEST PHONES MADE I BUST EM UP AT WORK. JUST DONT GET EM WET AND THE INSURANCE COVERS IT ALL. NEXTEL HAS COMPANY OWNED STORES THAT FIX PROBLEMS OR DO WARRANTY SERVICE OR EVEN REPLACE THE PHONE IN 5 MINUTES FLAT. NEXTEL CUSTOMER CARE GETS THINGS DONE EVERY TIME AND FAST.
    I USED TO GO TO VERIZON FOR A PHONE ISSUE THEY WOULD FLAT OUT SCREWED ME , THE REPAIR GUY WAS NEVER IN OR WAS BOOKED SOLID AND KNOW NOTHINGS AT A CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK SAID " WHY DONT YOU JUST BUY ANOTHER PHONE FOR A FEW HUNDRED? ...ITS EASIER :angry: " THE ONLY REAL THING TO B*TCH ABOUT NEXTEL IS THAT COVERAGE AREAS ARE SMALLER THAN THE OTHER BIG GUYS AND THE DAMN THINGS HAVE TROUBLE GETTING SIGNAL IN LARGER STEEL FRAME BUILDINGS. OVERALL I LIKE THEM FOR OUR KIND OF WORK ( OUTDOORS) ITS GREAT, BUT FOR DOING A LOT OF CUSTOMER CALLS I WOULD GO WITH ANOTHER COMAPNY BASED ON CELL SIGNAL QUALITY.
    HAVING THE FREE INCOMING CALLS AINT PAID EITHER :D

8. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I have nextel. I hate nextel. I don't get service in my house. I have leave my phone in the garage and check it every 5 minutes. I keep the ringer on megaphone. Dropped calls are an hourly thing. Their customer service is horrible. They do nothing to help accommodate you if you have a problem. You'll be lucky to get someone that speaks english.

9. fishinman22487

fishinman22487 LawnSite Member

I have Nextel. I agree since Nextel merged with Sprint my cell service has been somewhat okay!! The Direct Connect is always GOOD.

10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I like Nextel but the coverage area just isn't that good in my area yet.