Nextel Problems

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CHEVYCRAIG, Jul 5, 2005.

CHEVYCRAIG LawnSite Member

anyone experiencing dropped or dead air calls using nextel. I'm living in eastern Pa. nextel trying to say it the phone,I have three phone all doing the same thing??? cutomers are complaining I'm hanging up on them.
  2. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

I currently have Cingular and have major problems the last 6 months. I was thinking of switching to Nextel. I hear problems with all carriers. Matt
  3. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

The whole company uses NEXTEl. We use the i730's. No problems. :)
  4. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had molre droppies with t-mobile,sprint,verizon,and cricket. Finally said screw it now have nextel (don't drop near as much as the t-mobile) and once oct comes around t-mobile will be gone and be replaced with a pager or another nextel
  5. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

I only have a couple of places my Nextel don't pick up. Other than that it's great. When I'm in those areas I just don't ansewer because I usally will lose the signal. I just return the calls after I get out of those neighborhoods and tell the customer where I was and that I don't get a good signal there. They understand.
  6. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Craig, I'm about twenty minutes from you and my Nextel service has been terrible the past two months. Everything from dropping calls to whole days with no walkie talkie. Before the past two months, the service was great. I talked to my service guy and he says a tower went down here and there and something else happened which disabled the walkie talkies blah, blah, blah. I hope it gets better.
  7. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

I had a TON of problems with my Nextel (i530) 2 weeks ago. I went 3 days with the problems, took it to my local store, and got the problem fixed. They thought it was a software issue, ended up being a bigger problem. Got another phone(i530), and no problems since. Love the Nextel service.
  8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Nextel just joined Sprint (really bad idea if you ask me) maybe that could be the cause. I almost bought a nextel but didn't when i heard about the merge.
  9. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the i860 and love it. My helpers also have nextel so the DC radios come in really handy.
  10. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

mcwlawn.. why do you think it is a bad idea? around here sprint has better service than nextel and sprint has more"up to date" stuff like picture messaging and all that,.

I have nextel and get dropped calls often... i am hoping that the merge will fix that if not im going verizon...