Nextel/Sprint New Plan

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grass-scapes, Mar 4, 2008.

1. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I just wanted to make everyone aware of this. I knew it was coming because all of the other major carriers just started it. Nextel/Sprint now has an Unlimited Everything plan. It covers voice, direct connect,mobile web, texting, gps,etc.

The cost? $99.00 bucks a month. Nextels unlimited plan used to be $199.00. I pay $89.99 a month for unlimited incoming and 800 outgoing voice only and direct connect....plus 5 bucks extra for 7 pm calling. Guess who is switching their plan....

Oh, and in case you were unaware...they now allow you to switch your plan without increasing or renewing your contract. Consumers have been pressuring wireless carriers for years about contracts and renewals.

Take advantage of it if it is of use to you.

2. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

We used to have nextel but it cost to much. Now we have Metro PCS and for 2Line for the business with unlimited everything! local & long distance Minutes,Text messaging, internet,3way calling,caller ID ect all for a total w/tax of $92 a month for both Cell phones.

3. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

We used Nextel for over 10 yrs.We have now had Verizon and love it . I might drop 1 call a month now compared to 10 a day with Nextel.It also worked out alot cheaper.It was worth it to us as my phone alone uses over 2500 min. a month.

4. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

Nextel can give it to me for free but i still won't use them for business. NO GOOD! I want a reliable Company. Yes I tried them for 5 years and was happy untill sprint came into the pic. BTW i have centennial. Love them.

5. wintergreenlawn&landscape

wintergreenlawn&landscape LawnSite Member
    from CT

Who are you guys talking too that you need so many minutes?? LOL,I hate talking on the phone! I have had Nextel now for 6 years, and they are sneaky!! Good thing I read the bill, they are always throwing in expenses. I dont think Ive paid the same amount two months in a row. If it werent for Direct Connect, Id tell them to pound sand.

6. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I need the so many minutes because we have mowing contracts with the city, Property managements ,Residential accounts & subcontractors and the only way to talk with everyone with out going over you minutes and costing me a small fortune is to get unlimited minutes for my business.

7. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I forward my business line to my cell. I answer calls from prospective customers instead of voice mail. And now I have started making most of my calls from the Cell. I recently dropped my landline because I was forwarding all my calls anyway. For the fax line and the business line, I was paying 125bucks a month PLUS the cell phone cost. I have since changed to an online fax service (10 bucks a month) and changed to a ported line (11 bucks a month) for the business. I am saving close to 100 bucks a month now.

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Exactly.
    Was with them for 7 years and just switched to AT&T.

Love it. I have not dropped a call in the two weeks I have had them. With Nextel I would seriously drop atleast 2-3 or more/day.

9. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

Crazy that they are doing it, I used to have the 199.99 plan. I switched to verizon because for some odd reason every month nextel wanted to jack with our bill and mine was always $800, switched to verizon with the 99.99 plan bill is now only $145 SOOOOO nice savings tons of cash!

We plan on getting nextel walkie talkie ONLY here next month. We REALLY miss our walkie talkies.

10. miketull8

miketull8 LawnSite Member

verizon has push to talk also.....