nextel versus alltell

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by caz1, Jun 10, 2005.

1. caz1

caz1 LawnSite Member

My company is thinking about going from nextel to the alltell system has anybody tried both systems and if so what do you feel is better :waving:

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

no one really has alltel, so why would you want it... whereas everyone has nextel... only thing that sucks about nextel is that 1) its expensive and 2) sometimes I get charged for canidian calls when im driving by the lake

3. caz1

caz1 LawnSite Member

the thing is that my day job has 57 stores in 5 states and nextel does not cover all our aera were alltell does and alltell has the touch to talk as well

4. ProCare Lawn Service

ProCare Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Use southern linc here. Only one that picks up in rural parts.

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I never tried nextel, but have had alltel for a few years now. I dont ever have crackly, dropped or otherwise crappy calls. Well i do once in a while, but not on a regular basis like everyone else I know. I will never leave alltel.

6. treedoc1

treedoc1 LawnSite Senior Member

and I will leave Next Yell as soon as the contract is up.

Dropped calls, lousy reception, dead zones constantly and this is all in the DC , Northern Va area. There is a dead zone right at their main office in No Va.

7. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

in so cla nextel stinks, but everyone has it.
    Also sprint bought nextel and plan to merge the two. I have heard good things about sprint around here so i am waiting for the merge to see if quality improves.

8. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

If so, that's like a marriage in low quality hell. Sprint has the absolute worst customer service, call dropping,etc. So does Nextel.. Personally, I'll never give employee's one of those "walkie talkie" phones.. No way do I wanna be a slave to a constant barrage of stupid questions all day..Plus just the "bleep bleep" sound of those things grates my nerves.. :dizzy:

9. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

thats what nextel people tell me.

10. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I've had Alltel for as long as I can remember, since about 1991 IIRC.

If you're on the right plan you'll be happy.