nextel

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Turf Ranger, Jul 5, 2002.

1. Turf Ranger

Turf Ranger LawnSite Member

whats the big deal with nextel? every1 seems to say that nextel is like their important tool and stuff, but i was just wondering whats so special about it, or if there is some special rate plan you all have? I have voicestream and you can talk unlimited to other voicestream phones on your family plans... is it something like that?

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

be special to me if one ofum worked here in stanley county.tried two different ones . never was able to call a customer or prospective customer,and tellum i was dropping by. my son works all over the country. only time he has cell phone trouble is at home.might have improved by now but ill have to see it work.

3. Robert Ewald

Robert Ewald LawnSite Member

Nextel phones are great. They are both a two way radio and a cell phone. I use mine to keep in touch with our sub contarctors. We also use them when we are out on lagre properties ( so we aren't yelling back and forth across the property ) My wife and I usually go out on the estimates together and it helps to speed up the measuring process. One of us will be in the truck writing down the numbers, while the other is out walking the property and doing the measuring. The two way radio feature allows us to have instant communication. To me they are great, this is just my opinion.

4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i have one and love it, it is also a computer for me i can access websites, instant message, and check my email. one of the most popular phones around here, most of the firefighters have one and half of them are landscapers so we can keep in touch etc etc.

5. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

With nextel thats all you have to do is push and talk make it real easier for everybody.

6. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

My wife and I have had Nextel for about 2 months. I can't say enough good about the customer service. The only problem I've seen is that their coverage is somewhat spotty here in the midwest.

Randy

7. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

The Nextels are like most every thing else. Where they work and can get coverage they are great. Where they don't work they SUCK the big one!

Around here for where I go most of the time they do not work for me. Some times I wish they did have better coverage.

8. agrostis palustris

agrostis palustris Banned

Nextels are great phones, they are truly a necessity for business. However you just GOTTA love their payment plan ;) I am starting now to use them while in the trees so that I don't have to yell down to the groundies or miss a call.

9. JJOHN22042

JJOHN22042 LawnSite Member
    from MA

Have Had Nextel for about 4 months and Love them. Saves so much time. First bill was a Little High. The Two-way Radio works Great.

10. lawnbaby

lawnbaby LawnSite Member

I HATE Nextel. They have terrible coverage in my area. Everytime I talk to some one it cuts out really bad. Also the battery never stay on and dies within a couple of hours. I went through 4 batteries. Pain in the booty!!:mad: