NH tc 26 vs. john deere 2305 vs kubota bx23

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by deerewashed, Feb 23, 2010.

1. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

i found 3 great deals on these items they are all about the same price....but are 1 or 2 hundred more or less. what shoudl i choose. these are what each one come with...

New Holland:
    26hp 164 hours
    loader
    2 buckets
    backhoe

kubota:
    23hp 130 hours
    tractor
    loader
    backhoe

John deere 2305:
    24hp 116 hours
    12inch backhoe
    loader
    frontier flail cutter
    post hole digger
    box blade
    belly mower
    tow behind airator

PS...just be used onsite for light duty stuff and also for loading mulch into gator.

2. PonyExpress94

PonyExpress94 LawnSite Member

Do you have a supporting dealership for each brand in your area? If no to any of them, I would eliminate that brand right away. However, my personal choice would be the New Holland. I have a lot of seat time on a TC33 and a 1630 (later called a TC 29). The layout of controls are intuitive and easy. Excellent reliability to boot, great visibility even with a loader attached, good access to daily fluid level checks and regular service points.

In addition, with the tasks you listed, the New Holland gives you the equipment you need without anything extra. Could you find uses for the extra equipment? Sure, but do you have room to store those attachments until you find uses for them? How does the price of each machine compare? Are all three tractors local to you so you can operate them and see which one you like best?

Hope this helps.

3. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Are these by any chance posted on craigslist and marked near $4,000?

That deere in particular caught my eye because I saw a 2305 with backhoe and all the attatchements as well as a crappy tow behind aerator that they only wanted $4,200 for, and just yesterday I saw it posted in another city for $3,800.

If so, be careful, it's a scam.

4. jimshack

jimshack LawnSite Member

I wish you were closer, I'd give you a good deal on a JD 2305. It's got about 110 hours on it, hardly ever use it.

5. djfanintn

djfanintn LawnSite Member

a couple of years ago I was looking at the 2305. I drove the 2320 and it was a much nicer tractor.

you might look up some of the problems with the fan that cools the transmission down on that particular model. I am not saying it is a problem but I have seen a few guys that did have a problem with it.

6. blackjack219

blackjack219 LawnSite Member

you too, i saw the same ad on craigslist, mine came up as being in putnam ct

7. jimshack

jimshack LawnSite Member

that could be a problem with it if it's used in the woods or heavy growth. these little tractors were designed to be used in manicured lawns. the issue is the plastic fan built on the drive shaft to provide cooling for the trans. instead of using a true hydro cooling system in order to save costs on production. If I had known it's limitations before I bought I probably would have gone with the 2320 or more likely the 2520, but I let my wallet do the deciding instead of good ole research.:hammerhead:

8. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

guess what all these are on craigslist except sadly the nh is gone:( i made my dicision to buy it and cant find it.......

9. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought my 2305 last year with 99 hours on it and let me tell you...I love the thing. For its size, it sure has power and I never run outta jobs for it! And fuel consumption is very good, barely uses fuel.:)

10. Ducati996

Ducati996 LawnSite Member

Nothing to do with the cooling system itself -
    Same problem is found on Deere's 110 TLB, where all the vulnerabilities are exposed. Protective plates can be installed easily enough. Problem solved, the machines are still performers....