1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Nicco lock stone?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Marek, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you guys think of it and how does it compare with what you have used in the past? How is there pricing?
  2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Nicolock I think has come a lomg way since they first started. They now offer their Armor-con I think they call it that are died all the way through. They are competatively priced and offer a wide range of products. I have done several jobs using them and have found for SRW's specficcally there were drastic changes in the product even from the same pallets. Not just color, but keys as well. I will still take my Cambridge, unilock, or Techo anyday. :)
  3. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

I am finishing a Nicolock wall right now and the last wall I did was using their "Firma" wall block. I would have to say that they have a middle of the road product at best and their quality control is terrible. This is my opinion on their wall blocks, I hear that the pavers are decent.
    The wall I am doing now is a mini colonial wall in Adobe blend. I am using it because I ddid several walls on this property already using that product. the difference in color from the walls last year and this year is ridiculous. they don't look remotely close. the blocks themselves are very inconsistent in size from block to block and even some blocks are a 1/8 to 1/4" different from one side to the other. it makes it frustrating to get a course up and glued and then you realize that there is wobbly blocks on the next course due to size inconsistency. anyway, I don't want to bash them too much, because I have done some nice looking projects with their products, but I will only use them when absolutely necessary.
  4. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

You are definitely right about different block heights and colors from year to year. Just finished job and had same problem. Also, there pavers have a lot of effervescence in them. Which some of my customers did not like the look of "white" on there pavers. I use them sometimes and are ok. They did come out this year with Armor-Con II which has a smoother surface ( less rocky stones seen on surface) and that changed colors and texture up from pervious years. IMO unilock and techno block are nice to work with around here anyways. If I get a chance I will show how colors and heights are different from a job I just finished up.