Nice Clumps Dude

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Darryl G, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Here's a photo of a commercial lawn maintained by a guy with a walk behind in a pickup. It's across the street from one of my accounts.

I'm sure the grass was long where the clumps are, but I'd never leave a propety looking like that. Would you??

competitor 01.jpg
  2. Darryl G

Close up shot.

competitor 02.jpg
  3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

time to drop your business card in the mailbox or meet up with the property manager.
  4. WildSide

WildSide LawnSite Member

somebody didnt care enough to make additional passes, lol.
  5. Darryl G

That might be a case for bagging...but you've gotta do maybe raise the deck up. This is the front yard to the place at the intersection of two major roads.

He cut the whole thing pretty close. It doesn't show up well in the photo, but the cut is pretty uneven too.
  6. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

I do not know nor do the rest of us about the specifics of the job. I can say that I have done properties like that before and left them in that same condition. I hate doing it but it is money. From time to time I will get a call from some tight wad that let his grass gow 2 feet deep and he wants it done cheap. Well I do not give my time away but i will take on an ocassional job like that if we have free time. I give the potential customer a price and explain to them that this price is good for making 1 not 2 or 3 but 1 pass to cut. If they want it to look like a putting green then the price goes up and I would be glad to do it. I could be wrong but that piece of property looks like some sort of neutral ground or perhapse a vacant lot that may be or some day will be for sale. If I am wrong could you post a picture so we can get an idea of the rest of the neighbor hood and where the actual properties home is?
  7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

He shoulda just blew it all into the creek.
  8. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

Five minutes with a hand held or back pack blower and he would not have left the place looking bad - the best of both worlds that way.
  9. Darryl G

Cajuncutter - It's maintained regularly and occupied. It's a village setting. Funny, but there is a for sale sign on it.

The owner's of the house across the street and next to my customer just spent over $800,000 renevoting it, inlcuding TONS of landscaping.

The house I mow is going on the market soon at 1.5 million.

Here's the back yard of the one I maintain.

10. Darryl G

O.K., here's another photo of the back yard of the property I do but looking in the opposite direction.

You can see I left a little grass on top in the lower right corner of the photo. How many of you would find that unacceptable?