Nice craigslist sprinkler requests

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Apr 26, 2008.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I found a couple people posting on craigslist.com that are in need of sprinkler work or installs. These ads crack me up. I know craigslist started as a bartering site, but come on...... If I am going to trade my services for another, they better be getting their hands dirty as well. Not giving me some lame advice or crummy products. These were not solicited to me, just posted online.

Well-qualified Realtor wants to trade his services, either counseling or buying/selling homes, for other PROFESSIONAL services.
    · Landscaping and sprinkler system installation
    · Home remodeling and additions
    · Auto restoration from mechanical to body.
    · Computer services – hardware, software, and website design, etc.
    · Fencing
    · House painting

I want only to deal with those, whose full-time occupations are in the appropriate field, and who are licensed bonded, insured, willing to pull necessary permits, and have good solid reputations. I know there are others who do decent work, but there thousands of fly-by-nights out there as well, and I’ve had it up to ears with them.

I am an area native, have been in the Real Estate business for 21+ years locally, and have been with the "edited company name". I have a very sold reputation and know what I’m doing. I think you would be very happy to work with me, as have all my previous clients.

#2 - this one really gets me laughing :laugh: :laugh:
    I would like someone to install an underground sprinkler system in my yard. I will buy all parts and pay you $25.00/hour in Mary Kay products. Mothers Day is coming up- get your Mom of Wife a fun and relaxing facial and she will be on the road to younger looking skin and beautiful cosmetics!! She will love you for it!! If you are interested in trading me or want to look at the yard reply of call (edited name).

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I'd jump all over that Mary Kay job!!! I'm getting married soon.

I would also take about 6 months to install the system, bill about 50k in products, give 5k to my fiance, and ebay the rest of the junk!

3. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup, I've seen them both. What a riot!.

Here's another:
    $125 - install additional sprinklers in back yard. MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE. This won't be as bad as it sounds, I'm only looking for maybe 4 or 5 heads to be installed which would add a zone to the yard. I will provide PVC, shovels, and sprinkler heads. If you need to check out the job to see what else will be needed first, let me know. I will get it for you. Again, sprinklers must function properly or you will not be paid.

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

:::baks out of thread:::

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

::deletes craiglist links::

6. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

That pile would last me a long while. Send them all to Rotar, he loves PVC.

8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i'd be all over that if it was closer

9. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Just proof there are very stupid people out there.