1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Nice Customer!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by twippingbillie, Jul 20, 2003.

1. twippingbillie

twippingbillie LawnSite Member

I caught wind that my neighbor was not pleased with her current LCO because they would not cut weekly like she wanted. So I go and talk to her and find out what is involved and give her my bid of $25. She goes they did it for $30 so thats fine with me if we just keep it at that. :) Made my day. Have you guys ever had the customer raise their own rates?
  2. Never
  3. drobson

drobson LawnSite Member

I've never had a customer raise the rate like that, but I have had them give me more on a particular day because things were harder or took longer than normal. On extras I have had a couple of customers give me a few bucks more than I quoted because they thought I went over and above what the job was to make their yard look better.
  4. windmill

windmill LawnSite Member

I have a customer who feels that I'm not charging enough so he gives me extra work and tells me what he's willing to pay for it. Usually it's at least 20% higher than what I would have charged. Strange to have happen, but I'm not complaining.
  5. hubb

hubb LawnSite Member

I just acquired a customer in June that wasn't happy with his current lco. When I gave him a bid of $35.00 he said that the other company was charging him 42 and he wouldn't let me do it for less than $40.00! I said that's not really necessary but he insisted. I finally agreed and he compliments every time I see him. He also raised my bid on some bushes that removed for him and some bushes that he wanted trimmed for his neighborhood association. I wish all my customers were like him!
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I wish that more people would offer me more money. They already think that i am expensive:rolleyes:
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

One of our clients iwho owns a few jewelry stores is always setting me out extra money. I charge a very fair price, and am certainly not at the low end of this job, but he is always coming out into the yard to pay me, and hands me around 10 extra. He never lets me give him change.:)
  8. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

They wouldn't cut weekly? What kind of outfit is it, or is she a real pain?
  9. twippingbillie

twippingbillie LawnSite Member

She was one of the only customers of this company that has an irrigation system. They put all of their customers on a two week schedule. They did do a good job it was just that she did not want to have to call weekly to get the grass done. Well there was this one time they got all done and one of them says, "Dude were supposed to be bagging this!"
  10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yes, it has happened to me. makes u feel good