1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Nice Customers and Peers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffyr, Oct 15, 2000.

1. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Hey all,

Just wanted to relay a good story. Recently I had a baby (I thought things were crazy before !). There was a couple of weeks that my maintenance schedule was off (I'm a solo operator), and I got a couple of calls asking when I would by . When I explained the situation, I started receiving gifts for the baby from customers. Over half of my customers gave gifts of clothes, stuffed animals, cards, etc. for the new baby. It was nice to know that sometimes there is a silent appreciation for the hard work that goes into maintaining someones property.
    In addition, one of the other landscapers in the area who knew about the baby asked if I needed help with some of my accounts for a couple of weeks until I got caught up. Now thats a nice guy......and if you are on here reading this Mark, thank you.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Jeffyr, I just wanted to take this opportunity to say "Congratulations." And, if your customers AND a fellow peer are treating you like that, then you PROBABLY brought that on YOURSELF sir! There's an old saying in this world. "What comes around, goes around." The fact that that people look onto you the way they do, probably has something to do with the way you treat people. In which case, will most likely be passed on as a sense of value to your new arrival. Anyway, keep it up, and God bless.:)
  3. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Runner.

You brought such treatment upon yourself. Good things happen to good people!

Keep up the good work and congratulations on your future helper.
  4. jeffyr

Thanks alot for the kind words and congrats guys. This year I have been in especially good spirits since letting go the 3 difficult customers that caused me stress for the last 3 seasons. I guess it is conveyed to the other customers as well when I see them.

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Congrats Jeffyr. Maybe we will have a new Lawnsite member in about 18 years. :)
  6. Turf Kutter

Turf Kutter LawnSite Member

Eric I estimate about every 18 seconds.:)
  7. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Congratulations on the baby and the great customers wish we all had some customers of that type,
  8. Toddppm

Toddppm LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

That's pretty cool , some people are so appreciative of your work it makes up for some of the ones that aren't. One of our full service customers is moving and she gave us about 15 bags of canned foods last week to split up. No it wasn't all Hominy and Beets!LOL
  9. jeffyr

That's true....a couple of good people can make up for many bad.