Nice help this company has.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

since i home now for lunch i think i will pass this along. i was finishing up a client and along comes a Mexican on a z from valley crest, zips around on the community areas backs up fast ans knocks over a freshly planted week old 20ft magnolia tree and that falls down on another smaller tree that gets crushed and also takes out part of a new sign for the development. :laugh: don't you love quality help

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Oops!!:hammerhead:

3. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

Major part of the reason I stay solo.

4. MOWALLTHETIME

MOWALLTHETIME LawnSite Member

VALLEY CREST takes care of a few of the shopping malls here in town and I personally do not see how they make it. You get what you pay for They cut the same piece of grass the same way every week and you have rows that are almost down to the dirt from the tire tracks continually going over them. I personally had to bid against them on a condo job last year and they won, imagine that. I had the condo's for before they changed property management companies and rebid the property maintainance contract. what can you do, They use cheap labor and under bid almost anybody. I personally like residential contracts because I get more satisfaction out of the work we do. I only here from the commercial accounts when there is a problem or they need a favor. I have seen companies that are large not Valley Crest large do execellent work and it is not to be said that it cannot be done. But how can you keep an eye on 25 employees whith one person in charge?

5. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

That had to be a funny sight, i dont want to be him when he has to tell his boss

6. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

Great story. Did they try and fix it themselves? I guess the tree wasn't planted real well.

7. Frontier-Lawn

8. Frontier-Lawn

ps they also had on the other side of the development a beat to hell old toro z that had no deck and a 12 spreader mounted to it.

9. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

i have seen valley crest 5 staetes is that a franchise?