nice little job/price quote

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Dec 6, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i recieved a call from a man, it went like this, "hi, do you do one time cleanups? you do? great. i'm in a bind. i sold my house, have to be out in 2 days, and it must be cleaned before i leave. can you help me?" ok, so i did the job. grass cut, and leaf removal=30-40 minutes, 2 barrels of disposal. removal of large limbs (already cut up) and heavy logs (already cut up) from a tree that was cut down by someone else. this part of the job was 30-40 minutes time, and one truckload of disposal (2 cu yds maybe?) f-150 bed, full and about 2 ft higher than sides. the total labor on site was about an hour, and a half. the total disposal was, as i already said. travel time (round trip) was 40 minutes. job was done with two men. they charge me $35 to dump all of this. how much $$$ to charge? anyone?

2. Ideal Lwns & Landscp

Ideal Lwns & Landscp LawnSite Member

One time customer. $225

3. bobbygedd

from NJ

anyone else?

4. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I don't know what hourly rate you need to charge and I don't know what it costs to dump out there. Where I live, dumping is cheap.

Anyway, I can't see charging much more than $200 for that. I usually charge a little more on rush jobs like that. But ordinarily I would have charged maybe $150.00. In this case, maybe $200 or $225 would be okay. That's for my area and my prices. YMMV.

5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Based on your earlier posts, plus the "he had to do it" factor, read surcharge, I'll say $400.00

6. bobbygedd

from NJ

now monster, be fair, i asked what YOU WOULD CHARGE, not what u thought i'd charge

7. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Sorry Bobby, I didn't read it that way. I didn't think you'd be looking for advice on how to charge a leaf clean-up :laugh:

I'm probably in the same area as Jim Lewis. $200 or so.

Well, what did you charge?

8. Aproct

Aproct LawnSite Member

I say around $150-$175. Depending on heavy the leaves where and how big the lot was. But by the sound of the clean-up and mowing, it sounds like a small lot...

I don't see you indicating if there was a Bobbygedd charge just for coming out to the property.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I come up with $320

10. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

Somewhere between $300- $350 I would have to look at it to be sure.