Nice shiney new toy

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, May 13, 2010.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

it sounds to me like your wanting to buy one pretty darn bad, just looking for that big job that can justify the purchase right?

2. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

More like any job. I was born 20 years too late my friend. If I could get approved for financing so I could just park that in my yard I'd be sold. But I'll probably end up having one built a few years down the road, right around the time I own my own railway. Muahaha. In all Sincerity, I'll be 21 in september. I plan to buy a house, and GSX-R. If one doesn't kill me the other will. The only realistic equipment I may own in the next year are a goodsized grader, An tracked skidsteer, or a 310 backhoe I may pickup off Fortress. That's all that is realistic. But man would I risk it all for a machine like that.

3. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

Wouldn't a face shovel be for following a drill and blast outfit? I thought this was the one that was built for working behind TBM's. It has a 330 widepad U/C with a blade and a crazy tunneling boom. It was custom built by a cat dealer, Zeppelin. I read there are 325 and 321 version.
    View attachment 188479
    Here is possibly the same shovel that was at Bauma.
    View attachment 188480
    I was looking through Moving the Earth today and the author was talking about using a shovel to dig large basements. I think a shovel would work real well for commercial basements where the depth starts cutting into the production of the same sized excavators. I'd like to see what info you have, not that i'm gonna be acting on it any time soon.

4. DirtMerchant

TBM=Tunnel boring machine

Baum= my mispelled Bauma

5. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

That's all you got for me? As for owning a railroad, i'd settle for a grain elevator and a short line.

Tunnel VISP-3226.jpg

cat_328_d_212.jpg

damndable attachments

Tunnel VISP-3226.jpg

cat_328_d_212.jpg

6. DirtMerchant

What do you want to know?

Cat originally launched the 325 CCR Tunnel Excavator First. It was a 35t excavator with a Cat C7 ACERT with some power adders giving it 225 hp. Swing radius was 1.8-2 m which is why I'm pretty sure it was specifically designed for tunnel work underground. It also featured a blade which was basically a stabilizer allowing the machine further reach with a full bucket. It featured a full CAT ntegrated Tool Control System so the operator can change is AUX Circuits without getting out of the seat. And it meets all countries in the world emissions standards.

If you want a quote or are curious Peter Stauffer out of Switzerland (I believe) is the man to talk too. His email is stauffer_peter@cat.com

7. DirtMerchant

And when I said railway I meant class 3 coastal shortline type.

8. nedly05

nedly05 LawnSite Senior Member

So you should start doing some jobs with those and see how big brother likes the competition!

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Ron's brother is getting greedy he is trying to get all the work from mini to mass excavating. The problem is Ron's dad is in the mini excavating business start stealing work away from Ron's dad I think there will be a price to pay. Being greedy always backfires and it will probably backfire on Ron's brother.

Now if Ron starts working for his brother running the new Cat mini I can see the tension between him and his dad increase.

It will be interesting to see what happens and Ronald is stuck between it :laugh:

10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I've been stealing work away from him now, 2 days pushing fill around and raking a big horse arena tomorrow with my skid steer. Now the Takeuchi is earning her keep.

Oh and I can't resist, finally got the girl stuck last week, Dad yanked me out with his ZX75, and it was on it's toes pulling me out:
    [​IMG]